ALLY International Women’s Day Summit: #Choose2Challenge Bias
A challenged world is an alert world.
Individually, we’re all responsible for our own thoughts and actions – all day, every day.
Bias is holding women back in the workplace. Whether deliberate or unconscious, bias makes it harder for women to get hired and promoted and negatively impacts their day-to-day work experiences. This hurts women and makes it difficult for companies to level the playing field.
We can choose to challenge and call out gender bias and inequity. We can choose to seek out and celebrate women’s achievements.
Collectively, we can all help create an inclusive world.
From challenge comes change, so let’s all choose to challenge.
Join us on International Women’s Day 2021 for an amazing program.
- From Athletics to Engineering: 8 Ways to Support Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion for All – Johnnie Johnson and Dr. Michael E. Webber
- How I Choose 2 Challenge Bias – Fireside Chats with Successful Role Models in Energy
- How I Choose 2 Challenge Bias – Breakout Discussions
- Commitment Statements
- Everyday Superheroes: Women in Energy – Children’s Book – Kickstarter Launch
Event sponsored by EagleClaw Midstream.
- Katie MehnertFounder and Chief Executive Officer of Ally EnergyThe modern architect of culture change in energy, Katie Mehnert is the Founder and CEO of ALLY™, the global community powering an equitable energy transition and addressing the energy workforce of the future. Katie has held global leadership roles with BP and Shell in safety and environment during periods of financial crisis, spills, divestment and globalization. Katie’s early career included consulting with Duke Energy, Entergy and Enron. Her corporate path drove her to entrepreneurship to help energy companies prepare for the looming talent shortage and workforce diversity needs to address energy poverty and climate change.In 2020 she was appointed an Ambassador to the United States Department of Energy and in 2019, she testified before Congress on the clean energy workforce of the future. She’s published in Scientific American, Forbes, The Hill, CNBC, CNN, and other international outlets. She is also the founder of Lean In Energy, a global nonprofit solely devoted to mentoring in the energy sector. Her book Grow with the Flow, Embrace Difference, Overcome Fear, and Progress with Purpose released in 2020.
- Dr. Michael E. WebberChief Science and Technology Officer at ENGIEDr. Michael E. Webber serves as the Chief Science and Technology Officer at ENGIE, a global energy company based in Paris, France, with 170,000 employees in 70 countries. Webber is also the Josey Centennial Professor in Energy Resources at the University of Texas at Austin where he teaches and conducts research at the convergence of engineering, policy, and commercialization on topics related to innovation, energy, and the environment. He was selected as a member of the 4th class of the Presidential Leadership Scholars, which is a leadership training program organized by Presidents George W. Bush and William J. Clinton.
- Johnnie JohnsonPresident and CEO of World Class Coaches®Johnnie Johnson serves as President and CEO of World Class Coaches®, one of the world’s premier executive coaching companies. He spent nine years in real estate sales where he produced more than 100 transactions a year as one of the nation’s top producing real estate agents. As the team’s #1 draft pick, Johnnie excelled for ten years in the National Football League as an All-Pro safety for the Los Angeles Rams. He was a two-time consensus All-American at the University of Texas at Austin and is a member of the National Football Foundation and College Football Hall of Fame.
- Sarah DelilleVice President for Business Development, EquinorSARAH DELILLE is currently Vice President for Business Development in Equinor, a leading Norwegian energy company. She is currently located in Stavanger, Norway with teams across Houston, Oslo and Stavanger. She previously, led the Business Development group in Equinor US. Her teams consist of project managers, commercial leaders and negotiators maturing Oil and Gas as well as renewable business opportunities from screening to closing. Sarah previously held operational roles in the US offshore organization as technology and facilities manager, before becoming the asset manager for producing assets in the Gulf of Mexico. Sarah has also worked as Project Controls Manager for major projects offshore Norway and was a member of the Equinor investment arena, a unit responsible for giving technical and commercial advice to the CEO and the Corporate Executive Committee. Sarah has over seventeen years of experience in technical, commercial and leadership roles. Prior to Joining Equinor, she worked for both Total E&P and McDermott; has lived internationally in six countries and speaks multiple languages. Sarah is a registered Professional Engineer in the State of Texas, she earned a Bachelor’s degree in Math and Physics, a Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering with honors, and an MBA with a major in Finance / Marketing with high honors, all from French universities. Sarah is an advocate for STEM, Equity and Social Justice and volunteers in several organizations that advance these agendas.
- Dr. Johanna HaggstromVice President, Chemicals and Hydrocarbon Fuels Technology, at LanzaTechDr. Johanna Haggstrom is currently the Vice President, Chemicals and Hydrocarbon Fuels Technology, at LanzaTech. She leads the R&D efforts and is responsible for chemical and fuels technology products, processes, measurements and tools, project management, commercial engagement, quality, budget and organizational development. Johanna is a Research & Development Executive with >18 years of experience conducting and overseeing product development. Prior to joining LanzaTech, Dr. Haggstrom spent more than 12 years in the energy industry at Halliburton, and most recently, she was a Director of Technology, based in Houston, TX. Her responsibilities included overseeing technology investment and intellectual asset management, the development of new products and services, and the strategy and structure of the technology organization in the product line. Dr. Haggstrom holds a Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering from Mälardalen University in Sweden and a PhD in Chemistry from Kansas State University, and she has contributed to more than 35 patents, patent applications and published papers. Dr. Haggstrom also co-authored a chapter on ‘Environmental Stewardship’ in the book ‘Fracturing Horizontal Wells’, published in 2016. In 2020, Oil and Gas Investor Magazine named Dr. Haggstrom as one of “25 Influential Women in Energy”, and she was a 2019 Houston Business Journal “Women Who Mean Business – Outstanding Leader in Energy” award winner. Experience Energy, for her work as a “difference maker” in the energy industry, awarded her a coveted “GRIT” award, in the executive leadership category. She was additionally named one of the “Top Female Executives” by the Oil and Gas Council.
- Mariela Poleo CITGO Interim General Manager for Government and Public Affairs, President Simon Bolivar FoundationMariela PoleoCITGO Interim General Manager for Government and Public Affairs, President Simon Bolivar Foundation
- Anne PsencikChief Strategy Officer at EagleClaw MidstreamWith over 30 years of experience in the oil and gas industry Ms. Psencik has a proven track record of management and leadership in the midstream business development, trading, and engineering and construction. Anne currently leads strategic planning for EagleClaw Midstream, with a focus on midstream integration into the downstream markets. Specifically, she leads efforts to seek out new opportunities for growth for the company concentrating on NGL and crude oil into the Refining and Petrochemicals markets. The last three years prior to joining EagleClaw, Ms. Psencik has run her own consulting business providing strategic development on midstream projects for Crestwood Equity Partners, Momentum Midstream, and EagleClaw Midstream Services, LLC with primary focus on the Permian basin. At Crestwood she initiated the Chevron Phillips Chemical demand-pull project in addition to the investment in EPIC NGL. Prior to her role as the owner of Psencik Consulting she started the Marketing and Midstream business at AEP-LP in Oklahoma City where she negotiated the non-operated equity interest in midstream assets for the AEP-LP portfolios. These midstream assets are currently known as Traverse Midstream. She was also a part of the executive team at TEJAS NGL, LLC which negotiated the original conveyance of the Shell midstream assets to Enterprise Products, LP prior to IPO of the MLP. She has held positions as SVP Midstream Business Development Continuum Energy, LLC., Director Midstream and Marketing AEP-LP, Manager of Business Development Harvest Pipeline, VP of Commercial Development for Buckeye Pipeline Partners, VP of Gulf Coast Trading for Aquila, VP of Risk Management and Natural Gas for Enterprise Products, LP and VP Marketing and Trading for TEJAS NGL, LLC. Anne graduated from the University of Texas at Austin with a BS in Petroleum Engineering. Early in her career, Anne served as a Field Supervisor for Schlumberger in well logging, cementing and stimulation work as well as designing and constructing pipelines at ConocoPhillips.
- Erin TwamleyAuthor, Educator (M.Ed.) and STEMinist ErinEDU, LLCErin Twamley is an educator (M.Ed.) and award winning author of multicultural STEM children’s books. Through her educational consulting group ErinEDU, LLC she engages next generation of STEM Superheroes™ in protecting and creating a sustainable planet. Her books feature STEM activities and the diverse stories and careers of those Superheroes living today.Prior to ErinEDU, LLC she was responsible for the education and workforce development portfolio at the U.S. Department of Energy (2012-2016). She designed and marketed materials, programs and the website for federal, state and local school officials to use for energy literacy efforts. Her authorship includes blogs and teacher guides for the North American Association for Environmental Education, The Earth Day Network and Department of Energy. Erin loves to travel (pre-COVID) and has lived on three continents. She currently resides in Huntsville, AL where you will find her writing the STEM Superheroes™ series.
- Castlen KennedyVP, Communications and Public Affairs, Apache CorporationCastlen Kennedy is an energy executive with extensive experience in public policy, industry advocacy, reputation management, investor relations, ESG engagement and community investment. Castlen currently serves as Vice President, Communications and Public Affairs for Apache Corporation, a publicly traded, global exploration and production company. In this role, she oversees Apache’s internal and external communications strategies, government affairs efforts, and community investment and engagement. Prior to her current role, she held various leadership positions in government affairs, investor relations and public relations at Apache. Before joining Apache, she served as a senior policy advisor at the U.S. Department of Energy, as a business analyst at S&B Infrastructure, and as a financial analyst on the commodities desks at RWE Americas and Enron Corporation.Castlen currently serves as the President of The Texas Lyceum, a leadership organization committed to civil discourse on issues important to the future of Texas. She also serves on the Advisory Council of the College of Natural Sciences at The University of Texas at Austin and as an advisor to the Energy and Earth Resources Program at the Jackson School of Geosciences at The University of Texas at Austin. She serves as a board member for the Texas Oil and Gas Association (TXOGA) and as a board member for Springboard, a nonprofit dedicated to the education of young girls in Egypt. In partnership with Apache Corporation, Springboard has built 201 schools for girls across the country.Castlen holds a bachelor’s degree in finance, a master’s degree in public affairs and a master’s degree in energy and earth resources all from The University of Texas at Austin.
- Blakely Grimm1 ticket
- Narvada Pandohie2 tickets
- LiHa La1 ticket
- Alexandra Hernandez1 ticket
- Stephanie Scollard1 ticket
- Jessica Leung1 ticket
- Traci Clarke2 tickets
- Daniella Gorrini1 ticket
- Kimberly Smith2 tickets
- DENIS Borja1 ticket
- Jennifer MacInnes1 ticket
- Beth Bariffi1 ticket
- Richelle Rosenbaum1 ticket
- Natalie Martinez1 ticket