Sunnova is a different kind of Power Company, offering solar and storage services to homeowners within the United States and its territories through our network of local solar dealers. Our mission is to Power Energy IndependenceTM and change the energy industry. At Sunnova, we believe in achieving more by working together; our diverse workforce allows an inclusive and innovative culture to power our long-term growth. Our people focus on thinking beyond traditional limits – and to do that, we need the creativity and energy of every person.
Come be a part of the fastest growing segment of the energy industry!
The Billing Specialist (Revenue Management Specialist) will positively impact revenue and margins by driving an efficient and accurate revenue life cycle. This occurs by ensuring customer compliance with contractual obligations, improving the billing process, ensuring directives and company policies are followed, and by supporting internal groups by researching and validating revenues reported. The position executes billing, drafting, reporting, case processing, and controls activities. This position requires excellent analytical skills, advanced Excel and reporting skills, the ability and willingness to learn new processes quickly, initiative to take on new activities, and sound judgment. This candidate will need to develop relationships with other departments, which will allow them to understand the business better. This candidate will need to take the initiative to quickly resolve issues. The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Correspond with customers & coworkers to answer questions about billing and payments
- Extensive customer account research as required
- Extensive Analytical work using Excel and other tools as needed
- Work with Legal, Accounting, Finance, Service Center, other internal groups to complete daily functions and to resolve any issues / cases that may arise
- Complete billing controls and compliance reporting
- Complete communications regarding customer account status for past due and payment plan customers; including but not limited to disconnection and default notices (Dunning Steps)
- Apply annual true ups and production guarantees
- Simplify the billing procedures to facilitate fast and effective processing of the billing statements and Drafting
- Work with IT to supply technical resolutions to issues and technical enhancements to streamline / simplify the billing and collection process
- Ensure all cycle prep and control reports are completed on time and with maximum attention to detail
- Ensure all billing, payment and collections cases are resolved within SLA
- Coordinate with the third parties internally and externally (banks) to validate cash receipt from payments process (as necessary)
- Ensure production guaranties are applied on schedule
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 1-4 years related billing, reporting, and research experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Proficient experience with Microsoft Office Word, Powerpoint is preferred.
- Advanced experience with Excel is required along with proficiency with Vlookups, Pivot Tables, and other advanced excel functions & formulas in general (Enabler, XL Connector & SQL a plus).
- Proficient experience with Visio preferred.
- Some Customer Service experience is preferred.
- Detail-oriented, ability to work within deadlines, and flexible on schedule as needed to complete critical projects required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills preferred.
- Must be able to rapidly adjust to a dynamic environment.
LOCATION: HOUSTON, TX
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are selected for a position, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test (and medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.