Website Calpine Corp
Job Summary: (includes but is not limited to the following, other duties may be assigned):
The primary objective of this role is to generate sales of Calpine Energy Solutions’ (“Solutions”) products and services to current and prospective customer accounts.
• Responsible for generating gross margin commensurate with objectives by delivering value for current and prospective customers.
• Stay current with market and regulatory changes and convey likely implications to clients in a timely, clear and concise manner.
• For all assigned accounts, work to gain an understanding of the dimensions of their deregulated footprint, energy program objectives, risk appetite, sustainability goals, key buying influences, competitive threats and decision making processes to develop an account plan that leverages Solutions unique strengths and mitigates any weaknesses.
• Collaborate closely with cross-functional team members to improve business processes and maximize profitability.
• Utilize Solutions CRM tool to provide a timely and accurate record of customer interactions, pending transactions, critical next steps and to dependable forecasting.
• Articulate the benefits of Solutions product and service capabilities to clients with solid technical expertise and persuasive communication skills.
• Build strategic relationships with all key buying influences throughout current and prospective client organizations to maximize opportunities for Solutions to deliver value.
• Continue to learn and grow by participating in formal and informal training as agreed upon with the RVP, Sales.
• Undergraduate degree (in business or engineering) or related experience.
• Three or more years of proven, energy industry sales experience – closing transactions. Alternatively, successful completion of objectives and exhibition of skills necessary for the position as observed in a Sales Analyst role.
• Solid interpersonal and negotiating skills to ensure issues are identified early and feasible solutions are developed on a timely and equitable basis.
• Ability to develop materials and present to internal, external and Sr. Management groups.
• Knowledge of risk valuation methodology is preferred.
• Must possess knowledge and practice of using a sales methodology.
• Must be self-directed and able to learn business and new products quickly.
• Ability to work and contribute as an effective team player in a fast paced sales environment.
• Aptitude to work independently to adapt to changing industry demands and other factors.
• Problem solver, offering practical thinking and approaches when applicable, providing sound analysis and judgment when making decisions and/or recommendations.
• Must have solid market & product knowledge to educate customers on pricing and application of competitive advantages to meet or exceed customer needs.
• Strong database, spreadsheet, presentation and word processing software skills required (Office 2010).
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Sitting and standing for long periods of time
• Travel required
Please apply through the following link: //rn11.ultipro.com/CAL1005/jobboard/NewCandidateExt.aspx?__JobID=3679&__jbsrc=
To apply for this job please visit www.calpine.com.