Website Calpine Corp
Job Summary and Job Responsibilities (including but not limited to the following; other duties may be assigned):
The project manager will be responsible for the scoping, engineering oversight, cost controls and project execution of large capital projects at the Geysers Geothermal field. This individual will drive projects from the conception phase through installation, commissioning, and project documentation. Experience with mechanical, electrical, or civil project management is essential. Projects could involve our Geothermal power plants, steam field, injection systems or projects to maintain the roads and infrastructure. This position requires coordination with internal stakeholders to identify project goals and objectives and ensure that those goals are met. The project manager will be directly involved in implementing our safety culture through all phases of the project scope and insuring contractor monitoring is safe and effective. Good project cost control skills are essential. This position also requires the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously. Although detailed engineering design is usually provided from outside engineering firms on large jobs, it is often necessary to complete engineer designs and drawings for smaller jobs.
• Bachelor of Science Degree or equivalent in Chemical, Electrical, Mechanical or Civil Engineering
• Minimum Experience – demonstrated 5+ years in engineering with at least 3 years of project management with experience on capital projects over $500K. 7-10 years of experience preferred.
• Experience with the management of large capital projects involving multiple disciplines.
• Proven track record of providing effective cost tracking and controls for projects $500K to $5M.
• Strong background with safety related culture, procedures, and safeguards.
• Strong project management skills to effectively manage – cost, scope, and schedules.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Team player who can work collaboratively with others on the team and with resources not directly under their control.
• Experience with a variety of business and program management computer software, such as Microsoft: Word, Excel, Access ETAP, SKM, ASPEN, OEM Relay Software.
Please apply through the following link: https://rn11.ultipro.com/CAL1005/jobboard/NewCandidateExt.aspx?__JobID=3724&__jbsrc=
To apply for this job please visit www.calpine.com.