Website Calpine Corp
This position is in the Calpine’s Outage Services group and reports to the Planning & Scheduling Director.
The successful candidate will have the capability to lead most aspects of the Forecasting, Initiation, Planning & Closeout phases for power plant turbine and generator outages. Technologies include Aero, Frame Class Gas Turbines, Steam Turbines and the associated Generators. It will be expected that the person will provide leadership in the planning process and also participate as a primary contributor to various group responsibilities.
The primary role is to forecast and schedule maintenance outages for a fleet of over 60 power plants and 300 pieces of rotating equipment. This role is critical to budgeting, cost and commercial forecasting, and maintenance reporting and the output is visible to the highest levels of the company.
The responsibilities include, but are not limited to…
• Executing the annual 10 year reforecast of the fleet. This includes compiling and assessing hours/starts and reforecasting each unit. Meeting with OS Leadership to assess and minimize operational risks. Meeting with parts and financial forecasters to level the schedule across the years. Understanding resource limits and leveling outages during peak seasons to minimize execution risks and costs. Understanding Commercial peaks and ensuring the forecast to maximize potential for profit,
• Understand and use plant operational information to calculate equivalent starts and equivalent operating hours based on OEM and/or Calpine criteria.
• Regularly analyze operating data and make corrections as needed.
• Work with Engineering, and Outage Services to ensure key scopes are visible through the Turbine Maintenance Scheduling Tool (TMST).
• Own and manage the Outage Change Management Process. This includes organizing and leading meetings to review unplanned outages as well as planned events in the 2 year forecast window.
• Represent the business needs as the SME in outage forecasting and the maintenance and development of TMST or other forecasting tool.
• Be able to perform the basics of the other Planning Program Managers and assist in coverage for PTO and other situations. This will include:
o Initiate AFE creation and assure funding is available for the planned work
o Follow all purchasing and approval policies to initiate RFQs & Purchase Orders for Outage Services field services and support.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in a technical or analytical field of study.
• Requires 3+ years’ experience in the Power Generation field.
Please apply through the following link: https://rn11.ultipro.com/CAL1005/jobboard/NewCandidateExt.aspx?__JobID=3779&__jbsrc=
To apply for this job please visit www.calpine.com.