Website Calpine Corp
Job Summary: (includes but is not limited to the following, other duties may be assigned):
Generate PowerFolio and Sustainability services business with new clients, upsell existing clients into PowerFolio and Sustainability services, and provide strategic account management for key clients.
• Individually present and work with salespeople to present PowerFolio and Sustainability services proposals to new and existing clients and manage sales process for multiple prospects
• Responsible for new and incremental revenue generation as well as protecting revenues with those clients presently under contract
• Work with Structuring and Portfolio Management to assess, summarize and monitor delivery of addenda (contract) requirements for customers on PowerFolio and Sustainability services
• Conduct monthly/quarterly market calls with customers to review their portfolio relative to market performance and provide insight into market trends
• Complete end-use load analysis across multiple markets for existing portfolio management services customers and qualified prospects
• Develop hedging strategies based on customer-specific loads, risk tolerance, sustainability objectives, and portfolio goals; work with Sales, Structuring, legal, regulatory, and Portfolio Management to support sales and implementation processes serving as deal team leader.
• Create, maintain and distribute specific customer reports such as historical pricing trends on selected products for a larger group of key customers
• Manage/operate risk management web enabled portal and desk top application in concert with or on behalf of clients to assist in the development of budgets, risk tolerances and objectives, and effectuate the execution of these plans on behalf of the client
• Work with IT in developing and incorporating enhancements and updates to monthly automated reporting platform and business processes
• Work with development team in identifying and implementing new products and services within the managed product and sustainability environment
• Provide training and coaching to members of the sales team related to selling PowerFolio and Sustainability services to new and existing clients
• TBD; 50% travel will be required
• When not traveling, will office in one of Calpine’s regional locations
• A minimum of one trip per month to San Diego headquarters is required
• Undergraduate degree in business, engineering, economics, finance or related field required
• Experience developing and implementing complex commercial transactions required
• MBA preferred
• Sales management experience preferred
• Strong computer and MS Office proficiency; including Word and PowerPoint, with advanced user skill levels in Excel spreadsheet applications
• Strong analytical and math skills
• Ability to complete and present technical evaluation of market trends
• Detailed knowledge of energy industry and unregulated retail energy commodity products and services offerings, energy marketing principles and terminology, utility/FERC tariffs, natural gas and power market dynamics, and local regulatory issues
• Excellent written and verbal communication/presentation skills
• Must possess a strong will to win
• Strong organizational and leadership skills required
• Must be able to Sell.
• Ability to coordinate effectively with and influence individuals throughout the organization
Please apply through the following link: https://rn11.ultipro.com/CAL1005/jobboard/NewCandidateExt.aspx?__JobID=3726&__jbsrc=
To apply for this job please visit www.calpine.com.