Website Calpine Corp
Responsible for all land related matters for both Calpine’s current natural gas fired and renewable fleet and new business development projects located in the western region of the United States. Reports to the Director, Land.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Negotiates, secures, maintains and administers diverse land documents including but not limited to leases, easements, licenses, options to purchase, affidavits, quitclaims, purchase and sale agreements, releases and other documents as requested or required with accuracy and thoroughness
• Establish and maintain close relationships with land brokers/agents, surveyors, and national title companies
• Determine ownership information and prepare ownership reports as requested
• Order, interpret and review ALTA surveys
• Communicate with landowners and lessors responding to inquiries and resolving conflicts
• Work closely with others to prepare and collect material supporting project financing
• Perform due diligence and analysis on land-related aspects of project development and acquisition or divestiture opportunities. Manage outside consultants on the same.
• Communicate with federal, state, and local agencies regarding Calpine land related activities
• Be an active leader on teams with Company asset managers, plant managers, developers, originators, lawyers, and others in order to advance Company projects and initiatives. Assist, as needed, in project management activities
• Other tasks related to land matters as needed
• Minimum 7-10 years of experience in the energy industry as a real estate professional with a strong preference for specific experience in electrical, wind, solar or renewable power generation.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent. CPL certification preferred.
• Experience examining and interpreting title and survey work.
• Attention to detail and the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment is essential. Must be able to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Must be a team player and have strong communication skills both in person and in writing.
• Experience with Landworks software preferred.
Walnut Creek Office, California
Please apply through the following link: https://rn11.ultipro.com/CAL1005/jobboard/NewCandidateExt.aspx?__JobID=3772&__jbsrc=
To apply for this job please visit www.calpine.com.