Website Calpine Corp
Job Summary: (includes but is not limited to the following, other duties may be assigned):
Coordinates all plant engineering functions to assure the facility operates at maximum performance and profitability. Responsible for providing technical support for daily operations, plant improvements, process improvements, design, equipment acquisition, plant breakdown and analysis, and recommending corrective actions. Ensures operational activities are in accordance with procedures, schedules, regulatory compliance and budget projections. Conducts performance tests, collecting and analyzing operating data, and developing operational plans and equipment recommendations to optimize performance and profitability. Develops and maintains plant operating records and provides technical support to plant operations and maintenance.
• Solid, working knowledge or electrical power generation or related field.
• Experienced professional with full understanding of job, company and industry practices.
• Performs in fully-functioning capacity, equivalent to a journey level contributor.
• Makes decisions regarding own work, often in ambiguous situations; makes recommendations regarding own function/discipline.
• Solves operational problems and associated technical issues; modifies existing tools, techniques or processes.
• Works on problems of moderate complexity.
• Uses independent judgment within defined policies and practices. Interprets guidelines, select methods, techniques and analytical approach.
• Little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments.
• May be designated project or technical lead for an ongoing process or short-term project within own department.
• Information sharing – gives and receives information such as options, technical direction, instruction, and reporting results.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
• Journey – level; typically requires 3+ years’ experience.
Please apply through the following link:https://rn11.ultipro.com/CAL1005/jobboard/NewCandidateExt.aspx?__JobID=3727&__jbsrc=
To apply for this job please visit www.calpine.com.