Website Calpine Corporation
**Position can be based in Houston, TX**
• Responsible for strategic marketing and sales activities including assisting in identifying, developing, implementing and closing structured transactions relating to the purchase and sale of complex and strategic customers/prospects for power, natural gas, renewable and other energy products and services.
• Responsible for identifying new project opportunities, lead generation, prospecting, qualifying opportunities and advancing the development of assigned energy projects to construction-ready status.
• Serve as a subject matter expert and provide market intelligence regarding [commodity pricing, transmission/transportation outages, supply/demand changes], and other factors that might impact the value of Calpine’s economic portfolio.
• Implement market penetration strategies focused on power and gas and help develop customer value propositions.
• Contribute to the development of new and existing products and services to increase market presence and meet customer demands including collaborating with related areas such as Risk Management, Asset Optimization, and Business Development.
• Supports development leaders in originating and performing due diligence on project acquisition opportunities.
• Support negotiation of transaction agreements with customers/ counterparties.
• Actively support a variety of new generation project development and existing project expansions regarding power offtake agreements, fuel supply, and fuel transportation.
• Contribute to team in proposal development and customer presentations
• Works as part of a cross-functional project development team that includes Analytics, Legal, Gov. Reg. and other teams to execute deals
• Develop, maintain and expand industry relationships to advance market presence and project development.
• Performs regional market and competitive analysis as requested and supports power marketing efforts for projects in portfolio.
• Creates and maintains project maps, databases and tracking tools through GIS and other programs.
• Provides development support through engineering, procurement and construction of projects in portfolio as required.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Economics, Engineering or related field; MBA or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience preferred
• Previous work leadership or senior level contributor experience.
• Requires minimum of 10+ years in area of specialization.
• 3-5 years proven success developing energy projects, with advanced business acumen and strong negotiation skills required
• Advanced knowledge of energy project development, with 10+ years of business experience
Please apply through the following link:https://rn11.ultipro.com/CAL1005/jobboard/NewCandidateExt.aspx?__JobID=3719&__jbsrc=
To apply for this job please visit rn11.ultipro.com.