Website Calpine Corporation
Plans and implements outages on turbo machinery from initial planning to final completion. Responsible for the repair of gas and steam turbine components. Reviews operating status of the units on a periodic basis and tracks component repairs from a technical and financial standpoint.
Develops optimized outage work scopes to reduce the outage turn times and implements throughout the Calpine Turbine fleet. Develops and maintains specialty tools to reduce outage turn times. Assists plants with developing spare parts inventory and recommendations for outages.
• Solid, working knowledge.
• Experienced professional with full understanding of job, company and industry practices.
• Performs in fully-functioning capacity, equivalent to a journey level contributor.
• Makes decisions regarding own work, often in ambiguous situations; makes recommendations regarding own turbine engineering discipline.
• Solves operational problems and associated technical issues; modifies existing tools, techniques or processes.
• Works on problems of moderate complexity.
• Uses independent judgment within defined policies and practices. Interprets guidelines, select methods, techniques and analytical approach.
• Little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments.
• May be designated project or technical lead for an ongoing process or short-term project within own department.
• Information sharing – gives and receives information such as options, technical direction, instruction and reporting results.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent, preferably in Mechanical Engineering.
• Journey – level; typically requires 5+ years of experience with some experience in turbine engineering.
Please apply through the following link: https://rn11.ultipro.com/CAL1005/jobboard/NewCandidateExt.aspx?__JobID=3616&__jbsrc=
You must sign in to apply for this position.