Website Calpine Corporation
• Responsible for overseeing a significant portion of the business development, strategy and execution in assigned region, including identifying new energy project opportunities, originating project acquisition opportunities, and advancing portfolio of projects to construction-ready status.
• This position originates M&A opportunities and develops/implements strategies that support the company’s development goals, the organization’s strategy and vision.
• Establishes and maintains industry relationships and business contacts, performs/evaluates detailed analysis of business prospects, valuation, cost flows, earnings analysis and strategic competitive analysis.
• Directs and actively maintains development integration processes using industry best practices; ensures lessons learned and feedback are sought after each deal process from functional business colleagues to seek continuous process improvement and documentation.
• Responsible for identifying, developing, implementing and closing all activities necessary for the construction of new power generation projects. Leads negotiations with stakeholders in new power generation projects including, but not limited to, independent system operators, consultants and permitting and regulatory agencies.
• Serves as a top subject matter expert and provides market intelligence regarding Calpine’s project development pipeline and generation portfolio. Actively support a variety of new generation project development and existing project expansions regarding fuel supply and fuel transportation. Leads teams in proposal development and internal management presentations.
• Lead the development of new and existing products and services to increase market presence and meet customer demands.
• Leads origination efforts and oversees due diligence on project acquisition opportunities.
• Negotiates transaction agreements with customers/ counterparties.
• Leads a variety of new project development and existing project expansions regarding power offtake agreements, fuel supply, fuel transportation and other energy opportunities.
• Leads the team in proposal development and customer presentations
• Leads the coordination with internal and external resources to achieve land acquisition, permitting, interconnection/transmission, and other project development milestones, with accountability for budget and schedule.
• Establishes and maintains industry and community relationships to advance project development.
• Utilizes regional market and competitive analysis to develop origination strategy.
• May lead a team of Manager or Associate level professionals.
• Bachelors’ Degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Engineering or related field; MBA preferred
• Minimum of 10 years’ relevant experience with proven record of success developing new energy projects, complex contract negotiations and bringing deals to close
• Expert knowledge of the regional development landscape with 5-10 years of project development experience in the region
• Experience leading financial evaluations, economics, planning, mergers and acquisitions, financial statements, company evaluations, balance sheets and cash flow expertise
• Experienced, innovative professional.
Please apply through the following link: https://rn11.ultipro.com/CAL1005/jobboard/NewCandidateExt.aspx?__JobID=3685&__jbsrc=
You must sign in to apply for this position.