Job Family Group:
External Relations (and IC)
Posting Start Date:
June 1, 2021
HR Corporate Functions
If you are looking for exciting and meaningful opportunities for strong communicators in a global company at the forefront of the energy business and climate debate read on.
The world is changing fast and Shell is changing too – not only to keep up with developments – but to anticipate and shape a better future. Shell’s newly integrated global Corporate Relations function brings together professional communicators, brand experts, government relations professionals and specialists in non-technical risk and social performance to work with commercial and technical colleagues and deliver Shell’s business strategy. The CR team will bring external analysis and perspectives to business decisions, communicate Shell to the world and drive Shell’s brand and reputation. Drawing on a strong base of professional excellence, we aspire to be the best at achieving successful integrated outcomes for the business through effective engagement and communication with stakeholders and audiences.
Where you fit in:
The newly created Corporate Relations Compliance Adviser position is based in Krakow, Poland, where a growing communications community provides Shell’s global businesses with solutions in internal/external communications, content development and campaigning, brand and reputation management, commercial deal-making support, cutting-edge creative solutions and professional operations at the nerve centre of the Function.
The successful candidate will run change management activities ensuring that CR has effective operational compliance processes. Strong support is required in implementing consistent ways of working and best practices across CR and facilitating its implementation at country/region level.
The position reports to the CR Compliance Team Lead in Krakow.
What is the role?
• Run the CR IMDP change management activities
• Create content for global and regional engagements, workshops and training
• Ensure CR requirements are considered in the development of the global IMDP communication
• Build and maintain strong relationship with cross-functional internal teams to drive integrated outcomes
• Support CR projects in Information Compliance by ensuring that Privacy by Design principles are implemented and that GRM procedures are in place and followed
• Be the SME for SharePoint (knowledge, skills, troubleshooting, teaching and applying good practices)
• Proactively identify continuous improvement, data quality remediation, and automation opportunities to result in clear business benefits
What we need from you?
• Excellent English written and verbal skills.
• Strong listening and influencing skills backed up by an understanding of the business needs, cultural practices and stakeholder expectations for different projects
• Proven ability to adapt message, language, style and tone to audience, channel and intent, demonstrating knowledge of potential audience perception
• Reuses and adapts existing content for maximum impact across different channels
• Applies measurement to gain insights and communicate the impact of content
• Achieves positive response and/or action from the audience through knowing their interests, values and culture based on research and asking questions
• Skill in communications strategy and planning, stakeholder relationship management and creating effective content. An understanding of what make a strong and purposeful story for stakeholders.
• Ability to communicate and influence confidently in a simple manner, drawing on professional expertise, relevant data & evidence.
• A genuine interest in the Information Management and Data Privacy and a finger on the pulse of the world outside Shell
• Integrative working style; ability to work in cross-functional, multi-cultural teams and deliver challenging projects without formal control
• A learner mindset; being a role model in your levels of curiosity and reflection and encouraging people to learn from their mistakes and successes
• Experienced in managing confidential information
• Shell in Krakow supports flexible working arrangements, subject to local regulations and legislative frameworks. If this is of interest to you, please describe in your application the type of flexible working arrangements for which you would like to be considered (e.g. part-time, job share)
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit shell.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.