Job Family Group:
External Relations (and IC)
Posting Start Date:
June 1, 2021
HR Corporate Functions
You get to be the ‘Experience Officer’ for Shell in EMEA, a regional role that drives inspiring, effective and cost-efficient human2human engagements which build and leverage Shell’s single most valuable asset, the Shell Brand. You will grow and nurture a dynamic community of events and experiential project managers regionally.
The world is changing fast and Shell is changing, too – not only to keep up with the external pace, but also to anticipate and shape a different future. The new integrated Corporate Relations function will deliver value by supporting our strategy and sectoral approach and improving policy and advocacy outcomes. We will bring the outside in and secure and drive Shell’s reputation and values. Drawing on a strong base of professional excellence, we aspire to be best-in-class at achieving integrated outcomes through effective engagement and communication with external and internal stakeholders.
Where you fit in?
As Shell pursues its ambitions towards net zero emissions, the role of the Shell brand will be even more important in continuing to build trust, loyalty and credibility among our employees, customers, business partners and stakeholders. Experiential and communication specialists will serve a fundamental role as we develop and deliver award-winning, inspiring and seamless creative events for Shell businesses to communicate their business goals and activities. You will be part of Creative Solutions, an in-house creative global enterprise dedicated to one customer: Shell. Creative Solutions is Shell’s go-to team for integrated content creation, experiential and sponsorship activation. We are responsible for producing a wide range of creative content, campaigns and events – from delivering innovative virtual experiences to producing world-class, fully integrated campaigns combining film, digital, social, design and print assets.
What’s the role?
As the Events and Experiential Lead, you will orchestrate the delivery of the experiential discipline which executes a programme of physical, virtual and hybrid events and experiences within EMEA. This includes a mix of Shell-owned and industry-led events, such as public festivals, business conferences, incentives, tradeshows, exhibitions and hospitality programmes. It also includes a virtual experiential offer combining innovative online platforms with compelling creative content.
Your role will include:
• Strongly supports the Global Discipline Lead for Experiential in the delivery of the long-term strategy and execution of Shell’s experiential programme. Uses data and external trends to constantly benchmark and refresh our approach to deliver innovative, engaging and cost-effective events which differentiate the Shell brand.
• Cascades and implements global experiential knowledge, standards and processes within region. Advocates and drives the highest standards of compliance across the Experiential discipline, including in HSSE, information risk management and brand and visual identity.
• Oversees the curation and overall management of a roster of experiential and events production agencies and key partner vendors in region, securing the best value, service standards and creative output for Shell.
• Project manages selected events projects, from inception through to execution.
• 4 direct reports and leads a community of Experiential Project Managers within EMEA including project allocation and support, driving best practices and capability building among this group.
What we need from you?
• Ability to deliver through others including leading, nurturing and supporting a regional experiential community. Create the environment for others to feel empowered to deliver high performance through clarity on intent, priorities and outcomes.
• Learner Mindset – role model curiosity and reflection; encourage people to learn from mistakes and successes.
• Maximise performance – integrate and collaborate across boundaries to maximise commercial value for Shell as a whole.
As the Experiential Lead for EMEA, your advanced knowledge on event production excellence combined with strong leadership skills will enable Creative Solutions to deliver highly effective events and experiences. You will lead and inspire a highly committed community of Experiential Project Managers regionally. These will help drive the growth ambitions and creative excellence of the experiential discipline. Moreover, you must have:
• Extensive experience (minimum 7 years) in a strategic, leadership position in managing industry-owned and company-owned events ranging in complexity and scale, across the region. Experience gained either from in-house, large international company and/or in an agency.
• Experiential management, strategy setting, goal setting, delegating and ensuring on target delivery of a broad range of experiential projects and formats. Strong track record of successful end to end delivery from briefing and conceptualisation through to onsite/ online management, execution and evaluation.
• Combination of strategic thinking, commercial acumen and stakeholder management skills to engage and influence internal and external partners driving best-in-class content, activation and amplification.
• HSSE champion and ability to manage high-risk contracts and projects.
• Fluent English C1/C2
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit shell.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.