“Job Summary: (includes but is not limited to the following, other duties may be assigned):
Lead a small group of software developers responsible for the development, support, and enhancements to the Champion Energy Services development platform. Will plan, organize, direct and control the functions of this team. Responsible for developing and mentoring development staff and playing a key role in scheduling the effective utilization of staff resources based on set priorities. Works closely with business areas to identify business needs and develop solutions. Actively participates in the analysis and design of technology solutions to meet the business needed. Responsible for continually enhancing the procedures and processes followed in completing the activities of the team.
Acts as liaison between the business user community, application vendors, 3rd party vendors and the Calpine IT and DevOps organizations. Applies expert knowledge of Champion Energy Services’ technology and business processes to solve complex business problems. Lead and mentor a group of software developers to ensure Champion Energy Services remains the technological leader in the retail energy industry.
Supervision of Direct Reports:
Provides oversight of individual contributor employees and third party consultants, using advanced technical expertise to 1) mentor junior employees and ensure their growth and 2) ensuring third party consulting partner resources are appropriately utilized and produce the quality of work expected and 3) assisting with the recruiting and interviewing process for new candidates to continue our commitment to hiring top talent.”
“• Requires a bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
• Previous team leadership experience.
• Experience with and Subject Matter Expertise in Champion Energy Services line of business a plus
• Subject Matter Expert in the entire stack of Microsoft .NET software development, in particular within Azure.
• At least 10 years of relevant technical work experience.
• Requires excellent verbal and communication skills.
• Must be self-motivated, goal oriented, and able to learn independently.
• Must possess initiative, advanced decision-making skills and problem solving abilities.
• Must be able to handle multiple requests at the same time and be able to prioritize another resource(s) workload.
• Strong working knowledge of every phase of the Software Development Life Cycle.
• Mature, experienced, innovative professional.
• Use advanced technical skills in .NET and Azure to provide oversight of individual contributor employee(s).
• Using comprehensive knowledge of a seasoned professional, serves as a working supervisor for team or work group; day-to-day technical leadership while performing escalated or complex duties.
• Identifies and takes ownership for developing ideas for technical or business improvement initiatives that impact department/division.
• Must be able to assess priorities and make difficult decisions related to schedule, plans, design, and tactics for current and future software solutions or related ancillary applications.
• Responsible for analyzing project estimates and providing cost estimates to management team.
• Responsible for monitoring project and team costs to a budget.
• Responsible for segmenting Capex and non-Capex work for our finance team where appropriate.
• Sitting and standing for long periods of time.”
To apply for this job please visit rn11.ultipro.com.