Sunnova is a different kind of Power Company, offering rooftop solar service to homeowners within the United States and its territories through our network of local sales and installation partners. Our mission is to change the energy industry by providing the choice of low-cost, worry-free solar power that generates long-term savings for our customers and continued business growth for our partners.
Come be part of the fastest growing segment of the energy industry!
The primary role of the IT Quality Assurance (QA) Analyst II is to support testing efforts for all IT changes. The ideal candidate will offer a detailed Quality Assurance background with experience in functional system testing. The successful candidate will offer a background in Salesforce application testing and work collaboratively with internal team of Project Managers, Salesforce Administrators, and Developers.
• Responsible for the creation, execution and maintenance of test plans and test cases, including functional and non-functional testing, integration, regression and smoke testing for assigned Salesforce and related applications area(s).
• Collaborate with agile team on project related requirements and acceptance criteria to ensure test cases align properly with user stories and business needs. Provide testing estimates for use in setting delivery schedules
• Ability to quickly grasp the needs of the business unit and system requirements. Perform requirement analysis to assess completeness and testability.
• Create QA artifacts, including test plan, test strategy, detailed test cases, defect reports and final test summary report.
• Provide timely feedback and constructive recommendations to scrum team related to testing. Escalate and report risks and problems.
• “Take ownership of assigned testing areas and track issues from identification to total resolution.
• Understand priorities when testing multiple issues of same and related applications with pre-defined timeline.”
• Facilitate UAT session by demonstrating application functionality.
• Using test management tool for bug reporting and to build test scripts for individual modules with a focus on creating a comprehensive test plan.
• Facilitate clear communication with Project Lead, Release Manager, QA Manager and applicable team members to escalate issues appropriately and inform stakeholders of testing progress.
• Schedule needs to be flexible to the needs of the business and may require occasional weekend or evening availability to facilitate software releases.
• Identify and document regression scenarios for multiple application areas and work with QA Manager to identify cases for automation
• Analyze the test results and should be able to provide insight about product quality in different terms like performance, functional, user’s perspective etc.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is required. Degree in computer science or related field is desirable
• 3-4 years software testing experience
• 1-2 year of experience testing on Salesforce.com platform
• 1-2 year of experience with agile frameworks and delivery methodology
• Familiar with any scripting language
• Experience in writing SQL queries to assess the state of the data before and after test transactions are performed
• Ability to organize and prioritize individual workload in order to meet required deadlines.
• Ability to work as part of a team in a matrix environment
• ISTQB/ASTQB Foundation or CSTE Certification preferable
• Ability to mentor and coach others
Location: Houston, TX
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are selected for a position, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test (and medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.