Job Family Group:
Contracting and Procurement
Posting Start Date:
June 18, 2021
Contracting & Procurement (CP) is the Shell Group function accountable for acquisition of all third-party goods and services and supply chain management for non-hydrocarbon requirements that support Shell business. Our purpose is to create value through simpler and more effective operations, connected to the business bottom line. Working closely with our business partners, we deliver RDS tail spend cost leadership and top-quartile end-to-end SC/CP processes and operations to underpin the world’s most competitive supply chains. CP Operations is accountable for CP digital strategy, PGS processes (MM is delegated to MSC), systems design and implementation, operational excellence across source to pay, commercial procurement actitvities and PO transaction porcessing for all RDS Businesses.
Roles in CP/Supply Chain offer the opportunity to be part of a highly commercial environment with an emphasis on external focus and delivery of material value to the bottom line through delivering competitive, resilient supply chains. All roles work in close collaboration with the CoB/function/asset/geography/category they support with the intent to bring innovation to supply chains and supporting business development. The impact and influence on delivering the business strategies is far-reaching and significant, from Care in terms of supporting the safety and welfare of our supply chain communities to leading the way on delivering the Energy Transition and leveraging the current and emerging digital platforms that provide internal and external connectivity to deliver insights and value. Being a member of this community, you will experience a way of working leveraging both global and local supply chains and relationships. Supply Chain/CP is an inclusive and diverse organisation at all levels that holds true the value of acting as ‘One Team’ across organisational boundaries.
The Asset Inventory Analyst works in SBO while being a part of the MSC Asset Planning team. By making required inventory materials available as per agreement, she/he warrants the timely execution of the integrated work schedule.
The Asset Inventory Analyst matches supply and demand patterns for all materials. When stocking is identified as the most viable supply chain tactic, she/he maintains a balance between the costs and the benefits of holding stock: most prominently asset availability. The Asset Inventory Analyst delivers value through effective material demand & supply matching, inventory optimisation and the resulting asset availability performance. The Asset Inventory Analyst works closely with the Maintenance & Engineering disciplines and the SC Sourcing team to segment the material demand, to set up the optimum supply chain tactic for all required materials. She/he provides healthy challenge as part of the process.
The Asset Inventory Analyst ensures the inventory is correctly accounted for and valued as per country and company requirements. The Asset Inventory Analyst drives structural ERP Data Quality improvements focusing on the data elements required for a sound & realistic stocking decision and optimised Material Requirement Planning (MRP) settings. The Asset Inventory Analyst provides the MSC team and the wider Asset team with detailed material/inventory analysis reports in support of E-2-E Supply Chain improvement activities.
To ensure that all materials are managed effectively during their entire lifecycle, the successful candidate drives the deep implementation of the Asset Inventory Policy. The Asset Inventory Analyst realises cash preservation opportunities through effective management of repairables, returns and rentals, grey stock and the investment recovery process. She/he drives benefits through the digitisation agenda for materials and creates value through the use of the Inventory Optimisation Tool for Assets (IOTA). As an active member of the Inventory Analysis Community of Practice (CoP) the Asset Inventory Analyst drives, shares and adopts good practices from other assets globally as well as external ones.
• [Outcome – Value / HSSE] Make materials available to the business partners as per Rules of Engagement and specified service levels. Preserve cash through smart material requirement planning and effective material lifecycle management.
Ensure that inventory is available and fit-for-use through managing preservation and shelf-life activities with heightened focus on safety- and production critical materials that protect the asset against a safety risk or plant unavailability.
• [Business Interface] Working as a part of MSC Asset Team, intimately collaborate with the Maintenance, Engineering, Turnaround & Projects disciplines to improve the ERP data quality, to arrive at sound stock decisions and related system settings, to effectively manage the materials per segment, to coordinate business staging & kitting agreements and to respond to urgent material requests in a professional fashion making best use of local and global sourcing opportunities.
• [Supplier Interface] Coordinate repairs in line with business agreements. Establish close work relationship with vendors to support effective material sourcing (incl. Vendor Managed Inventory, Original Equipment Manufacturer vs. Trading House) and best use of buyback clauses where these are available.
• [Source Interface] Coordinate the inclusion of Inventory Management Requirements into existing/future material contracts including but not limited to clear material scope specification, required service levels, agreed & realistic material lead times, material linkage to vendor via Outline Agreement, pro-active communication of material technical obsolescence.
• [Process/Systems] Drives the deep implementation of the Asset inventory policy and the standardisation of the related materials management processes whilst maintaining an open mind in response to sudden & urgent material requests that require on-your-feet, innovative thinking. Uses digital tools (ERPs, Data lakes/repositories, IOTA, etc.) for professional data analytics to support informed decision-making. Drives performance management through development, monitoring & improvement of Inventory Dashboards & KPIs, initiates and coordinates corrective actions.
• [Behaviours] Strong cooperation and consulting skills. Experienced program facilitator, communicative creative. Expresses oneself with flair and even charisma, either one-to-one or one-to-many. Drives teamwork between Technical and Commercial staff, influences without authority. Strong delivery focus and analytical skills, particularly with data extraction from various databases to form robust analyses for performance insights and recommendations. Focused on tangible value outcomes for the enterprise, translates strategy to outcomes.
• [Business] Skilled in MSC related SAP modules, Business Warehouse, IOTA or other Inventory Management applications in and outside Shell desired. Understanding of E2E SC Planning (Integrated Planning & Scheduling, MMR and BoM best practices). Experience in using the principles of stock- and inventory management/planning. Experience in execution of: Material Requirement Planning, Physical inventory counting, materials repairs & returns management, forecasting, demand management, lead-time analysis, data quality analysis & follow-up. Specific discipline knowledge (e.g. mechanical, instrumentation, electrical, rotating and static equipment or in well engineering) and field experience in Maintenance or Projects will be highly valued.
• [Finance] Understanding of material valuation rules & principles. Ability to translate material related purchases into the financial framework of reference. Ensure business controls are maintained and the process relative to inventory write-offs/write-ons is followed
• To ensure that there are no impacts to site operations as a result of inventory accuracy or inventory reliability while streamlining overall inventories through right sizing and inventory optimization. This will be done while ensuring each business control is followed and each process relative to inventory write-offs and/or reductions is followed.
• Support Maintenance, Turnaround, and Construction (MTAC)
• Support alignment of the current processes with the implementation of MM initiatives
• Deliver on Basics Work scorecard and Chemicals & Products Global KPI’s pertaining to inventory
• Fluent in English (written & oral)
• Night Shift Work
• Virtual role experience
• Preference for Engineering Background
• Inventory analysis, systems skills and implementation planning
• Strong Inventory analysis, SAP systems, material exposure/background, CP or Financial background helpful but not mandatory
• Experience with Bill of Materials, and Spare Parts Management
• Preferred skillset to include engineering background in mechanical, electrical, and/or I&PC
• Preference for experience working with Engineering, and Maintenance Teams
• Team player with high driven and ability to build long term relationship
• Well organized and able to manage competing priorities
• Strong analytical skills and ability to work independently
• Good communications and inter-personal skill
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit shell.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.