Job Family Group:
Information Technology (IT)
Posting Start Date:
May 31, 2021
The Solution Architect – Energy Platform owns the architecture delivery of Solution architecture for business (in this context NE Energy Platform business domain) projects, programs and products. Solution Architects (SA) are responsible for delivering solution guidance and designs to projects and running operations. Key objectives are: fit for purpose IT solutions, the right portfolio fit, technical integrity, right TCO (total cost of ownership) through its life cycle and a good fit with the IT technology direction of Shell. The resulting High-Level Designs have a measurable impact on the effectiveness end solution getting deployed in production and measured by stakeholder satisfaction.
This SA position resides in the Architecture Platform & Data (APD) organization, with a stickiness to certain LOB segments. In this case the segment is NE Energy Platform Segment under UP/IG/NE/PT.
What is the Role?
Provide solution architecture development, consultancy and assurance to projects, making sure applications are well designed and conform to Shell standards and reference/segment architectures. The Solution Architect is accountable to the Project Manager, product manager(s) for the architecture of a solution being developed and implemented until the successful deployment of the solution. This includes:
• Being the point of call for all architecture aspects of an IT Project.
• Being able to address and integrate the: Business Process, Data, Application, Technical and Information Security aspects of an IT Solution.
• Ensure projects solution architecture is documented using the relevant templates, tooling and conforms to standards.
• Coach detailed designers and business analysts in projects during their design work.
• Reviewing and accepting the detailed design of an IT solution.
• Support Segment Architects and reviews through the Architecture Review Board as required.
• Take an active role in documenting, improving & maintaining the Reference Models in Systems Architect. Lifting project deliverables to the Conceptual and Logical levels.
• Follow IT Technology developments in the market and leverage this knowledge in architecting solutions in Shell. Ensure solutions are ‘future-proof’
• Stay in touch with development of standards and standard services in IT at Shell. To ensure the latest service developments are taken into account.
• Pro-actively contribute to the development of the Architecture community and be an ambassador for Architecture. Interact with stakeholders on architecture issues and strategic improvements where such expertise is required.
• Maintain knowledge of compliance and regulatory requirements, including data privacy regulations (e.g. GDPR), and ensure that those are included in architecture design decisions.
• Responsible for championing and embedding Security by Design and Privacy by Design in projects, and to ensure that the appropriate design decisions are made, documented and implemented.
• Work with IRM and DPO/SECO in case of unclarity around L&R requirements
• Participate in architecture assurance activities, working closely with other Architecture disciplines.
• Work closely with the Business Lead Architect and Lead Segment Architects
• Ensure architecture artefact quality and retention in appropriate tools, e.g. ServiceNOW, Enterprise Architecture Repository, BizzDesign.
• 7 to 10 years in digital and IT with 3+ years of (business-focused) digital and IT stakeholder management experience. You have a proven track record of digital and IT architecture impact and success.
• Previous working Solution architecture experience
• Stakeholder engagement is key to this role.
• Use, derive and promote relevant guidelines, standards, reference architecture, tools, templates and stored artefacts to deliver architecture (solution, data, technical) in projects. Able to apply TOE standards and how to raise step-outs if needed. Assess vulnerability of technology and to explain relevant IRM strategy for Architecture.
• Use and promote the standard architecture tools for creating and storing key architecture artefacts (focus on BizzDesign), fosters reuse. Ensure architecture artefact quality and retention in appropriate tools.
• Experience in a multi-disciplined IT environment with strong background in Application architecture
• Delivery-oriented with a focus on results. Agile and Product focused delivery is a must-have
• Knowledge of and experience with Shell’s foundational hyperscaler, data platform, IPaaS, authentication and authorization, connectivity architectures are must have.
• Cloud (AWS and Azure) knowledge, Open source technologies, Platform mindset, Data and Analytics platform, API-based integration architecture, CNCF landscape/Cloud native architecture preferred
• TOGAF certification and knowledge of BizzDesign preferred
• Ability to work in virtual teams, across time, geographical, and cultural boundaries
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit shell.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.