Job Family Group:
External Relations (and IC)
Posting Start Date:
June 7, 2021
HR Corporate Functions
If you are a digital communications specialist with a focus on social media and a passion for innovation, this could be your chance to make your mark in the energy industry. You will be part of a global centre of excellence setting the strategy for communications at a group level.
Where you fit in:
The world is changing fast and Shell is changing too – not only to keep up with the external pace, but also to anticipate and shape a different future. The new integrated Corporate Relations function will deliver value by supporting our strategy and sectoral approach and improving policy and advocacy outcomes. We will bring the outside in and secure and drive Shell’s reputation and values. Drawing on a strong base of professional excellence, we aspire to be best-in-class at achieving integrated outcomes through effective engagement and communication with external and internal stakeholders.
The Digital & Social Media Centre of Excellence set the Shell group strategy across all digital and social media platforms. This team ensures we can deliver unparalleled customer experiences while ensuring the stewardship of the Shell brand in digital channels. We work closely with some of the largest technology platforms in the world to maximise the performance of our content, and with a broad remit for innovation which delivers material impact on business performance.
What’s the role?
Sprinklr is Shell’s enterprise technology platform of choice for social media management across all channels globally. As Sprinklr Product Owner, you will set the overall group strategy for Sprinklr, developing a clear roadmap with key businesses to enable them to maximise the impact to their business from social media channels. You will work closely with the vendor and Shell IT to ensure delivery of technical functionality which supports our business requirements and ensure the delivery of ongoing operations. You should be familiar with all key social media platforms & will need to ensure our product strategy keeps pace with the external environment.
What we need from you:
You will be a strong communicator, adept at building collaborative relationships across teams. You will be comfortable setting a vision and creating a roadmap to deliver on that vision but, working in a fast-paced environment like social media, you will be adept at flexing your approach to react when it is required. Furthermore, you will have:
• Integrate and collaborate across boundaries to maximise commercial value for Shell as a whole. Setting a product strategy which delivers on key business outcomes and delivering that strategy through working with IT and the business.
• Understand shifts in the external environment, working outside-in to ensure the Sprinklr product strategy & our broader social media performance remains competitive.
• Learner Mindset – Role model curiosity and reflection; encourage people to learn from mistakes and successes.
• Substantial digital communications experience and knowledge of social media marketing specifically.
• Experience with one or more social media management tools preferred (Sprinklr, Buffer, Hootsuite, Khoros, etc.).
• Proven skills setting the roadmap for technology solutions to deliver business value.
• Excellent oral and written presentation skills
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit shell.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.