“***Position is located in Walnut, CA, this is not a remote position.***
Reporting to the VP, Human Resources – Employee Engagement & Talent Management, the Sr. Human Resources Business Partner is responsible for supporting and contributing to Calpine’s strategic HR objectives by providing hands on, proactive, and consultative HR advice/service to the assigned client group.
This role will be responsible for managing all aspects of the employee life cycle including developing and managing recruiting strategy and approach with the recruiting team, making compensation recommendations in conjunction with the VP Human Resources, delivering employee relations training, assessing and addressing employee relations issues to include conducting workplace investigations, and participating in organizational development related initiatives for the West Coast based Gas Power Plants and Regional Business Office.
This role will also contribute to ensuring HR policy and procedure is understood, followed and updated if needed, provide hands on support for numerous HR related transactions including utilizing the HRIS to initiate applicable employee transaction changes while ensuring data accuracy via audit and other business processes, preparing and disseminating reports as needed, and assisting department members with a variety of project-related activities.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
• Proactively engage with client group to develop deep understanding of business operations in order to recommend and execute effective HR support aligned with overall company objectives. Use data analytics to understand and identify business issues and drive recommendations.
• Provide accurate HR policy interpretation and guidance while balancing risk and business needs.
• Routinely use extensive human resource knowledge and experience to guide and direct client group in managing employee relations, driving employee engagement, performance management, conducting investigations and managing any disciplinary actions, mediating conflict and supporting constructive resolutions, and coaching.
• Act as change agent and leader, proactively identifying organizational issues that limit effectiveness and collaborate within HR to develop and deliver practical solutions. Seek opportunities to support the organization in support of a high performance culture. Partner with leadership to move the organization effectively through significant change such as growth, restructuring and process improvement.
• Working in conjunction with Learning and Development, deliver training on various topics.
• Collaborate across functions to solve problems working with others to resolve significant issues, clarify or interpret complex information, and/ or provide initial problem definition and potential solutions.
• Perform root cause analysis on issues with varying degree of complexity in order to recommend and execute applicable solutions.
• Design and quickly implement solutions that cut across multiple disciplines; even those beyond people and organizational solutions.
• Maintain in-depth and current knowledge of employment law to help reduce legal risks and ensure regulatory compliance; partner with legal department as needed.
• Serve as project/technical lead on medium to large projects both within human resources and across functions.
• Other duties as assigned. ”
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 10+ years as a hands on Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP)
• Significant experience supporting teams in the power/energy sector as a HRBP desired
• Experience leading complex projects and initiatives in large corporate settings, including workforce planning, talent management and change management
• Comprehensive understanding of all Employment Laws and Regulations with a heavy emphasis on the State of California.
• Experience working within and across complex organizations
• Experience working with corporate functions
• Experience with HRIS
• PHR or SPHR certification or other evidence of basic knowledge in the theory and practice of HR
• Prior experience in Learning & Development & Employee Engagement initiatives plus
• Business experience beyond HR
• Change agent who has passion for driving employee engagement and for productivity
• Courage to take on tough issues
• Process, metrics and results oriented
• Balance of strategic and tactical abilities
• Strong people and communication skills (both verbal and written)
• Able to effortlessly respond to any changes in environment and priorities
• Approximately 40% travel required (predominately West Coast)
To apply for this job please visit rn11.ultipro.com.