Under broad management direction, is responsible for the overall systems infrastructure including implementation and integration and technical services and support for IT Services including End-User Computing hardware & software, expertise on SCCM / InTune Administration, Mobile Device Management (MDM), Excel, Power BI, and Virtualized Desktop support (VDI/WVD). Determines system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
Analyzes and defines complex system requirements and prepares studies; formulates and defines specifications for operating software programming applications or modifies/maintains existing applications using engineering releases and utilities from the manufacturer.
Monitors overall health for assigned locations and activities include supporting equipment refreshes, Incident and Change management utilizing enterprise tools like ServiceNow, SCCM, and Solarwinds to identify potential issues and tune appropriately proactively. Performs root cause analysis on failed components and implements corrective measures.
Responsible for Day to Day operational support for assigned Calpine locations assisting in Monthly server and workstation patching, supporting the overall operating system, such as sophisticated file maintenance routines, large telecommunications networks, computer accounting, and advanced mathematical/scientific software packages. May have responsibility for the evaluation of new and existing software products.
• Solid working knowledge.
• Experienced professional with a complete understanding of job, company, and industry practices.
• Performs in fully functioning capacity, equivalent to a journey-level contributor.
• May assist programmers and user support staff to effectively utilize specialized software.
• Makes decisions regarding own work, often in ambiguous situations; makes recommendations regarding own function/discipline.
• Solves operational problems and associated technical issues; modifies existing tools, techniques, or processes.
• Works on problems of moderate complexity.
• Uses independent judgment within defined policies and practices. Interpretation of guidelines, selection of methods, techniques, and analytical approach.
• Little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments.
• May be designated project or technical lead for an ongoing process or short-term project within own department.
• Information sharing – gives and receives information such as options, technical direction, instruction, and reporting results.
• Documentation of processes and reporting skills using MS Excel and Power BI.
• Travel to assigned Calpine locations for technical and operations support.
To apply for this job please visit rn11.ultipro.com.