Brief Description of Sunnova
Sunnova is a different kind of Power Company, offering solar and storage services to homeowners within the United States and its territories through our network of local solar dealers. Our mission is to Power Energy IndependenceTM and change the energy industry. At Sunnova, we believe in achieving more by working together; our diverse workforce allows an inclusive and innovative culture to power our long-term growth. Our people focus on thinking beyond traditional limits – and to do that, we need the creativity and energy of every person.
Come be a part of the fastest growing segment of the energy industry!
The VP-Products Position
Sunnova Energy is currently searching for a Vice President – Products to be responsible for Sunnova’s evolving portfolio of products and services. The current portfolio includes over 300 services, with an expected annual growth of 40%. The portfolio will include solar panels, energy storage, secondary generation, home energy management, and other complementary service offerings that make the purchase of energy services from Sunnova competitive, efficient, and the best offering in the market. The VP will work cross-functionally to build and manage the portfolio of services the business requires to meet and exceed our growth objectives of adding new dealers, selling more services to existing customers, and selling more services to new customers.
This individual will also be responsible for driving the development of the Sunnova Adaptive Home, a nanogrid offering for the residential single-family market that affords consumers the ability to be fully energy independent, whether connected to the grid or not. This leader will define the Company’s services roadmap, identifying new service categories and geographies, and additional opportunities to fuel growth. The VP will oversee productization of these opportunities, working across all the functions of the business, and will manage the product lifecycle and the continued evolution of the portfolio. This position will report to the CMO and be a key part of the Sunnova leadership team.
VP Products Responsibilities
- Develops product strategy and product roadmap; leads product development, product delivery, product management, product marketing and business development; uses consumer and competitive insights, market potential, and economic sensitivities to inform and manage the product strategy. Product delivery is targeted at 100+ new service offerings in 2021.
- Drives the vision for Sunnova’s services offering, with an expected Y/Y new customer growth of 50%+.
- Is accountable for the strategy development, productization and implementation of the Sunnova Adaptive Home.
- Identifies and develops relationships with strategic partners whose businesses will compliment Sunnova’s in shoring up our offerings (e.g., battery storage, energy control, EV infrastructure and home charging, microgrids).
- Works with and supports our key channels (Dealer, Originator / Installer, New Home Builder, Distributor and Direct) to develop and deliver offerings that empower them to win through dealer, customer, and services growth.
- Manages geographic growth strategy, to include international expansion. Current portfolio consists of 22+ US states and territories.
- Works collaboratively with finance, capital markets, and financial institutions to secure funding for new offerings.
- Partners with and provides thought leadership for sales and operations on ways to improve the sales and customer experience.
- Partners with brand and customer marketing to improve product positioning and communications across all touchpoints.
- Utilizes thoughtful process and program management to streamline work across the enterprise and increase overall throughput.
- Education required: Master’s Degree in marketing or business administration.
- Minimum years of experience required: 15 or more years in product leadership, business development, consumer marketing and/or partner management.
- Previous experience in energy is a plus
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Executive leadership experience
- Agile/Six Sigma/Lean Process orientation
- Experience managing a P&L part of an organization
- Product development, product management and product delivery experience
- Open office environment, if located in Houston headquarters
- Estimated travel time of 20-30%
- Houston, TX, although remote work location may be considered.
- Relocation assistance is available dependent on the candidate.
Sunnova offers a generous employee reward package that includes:
- Comprehensive benefits
- Competitive compensation & annual bonus
- Paid time off, including 10 holidays and Paid Parental Leave
- Cell phone allowance for many roles
- Free access to onsite fitness center in Houston; discounted fitness memberships through health provider
- Complimentary garage parking in Houston
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are selected for a position, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test (and medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.