When it comes to energy companies, how exactly is the conversation evolving around ESG in the C-Suite and Board Room?
During the third session of our Exploring ESG series, our amazing guest speakers came together for an in-depth discussion. They shared their expertise and experiences around a topic that is undoubtedly paving the way toward a great deal of movement, shifts, and transformation within the industry. (You can go back and check out Session 1 and 2, in case you missed either of those.)
Hillary Holmes, a Partner at Gibson Dunn, moderated the conversation; and our guest speakers — Victoria Lazar (Chief Legal Officer of TechnipFMC), Angila Retherford (Vice President, Environmental and Corporate Responsbility, of CenterPoint Energy) and Jenarae Garland (Assistant General Counsel of Oxy Low Carbon Ventures) all weighed in with their perspectives.
We’re grateful to Gibson Dunn and terrapass for sponsoring this series.
Some Key Takeaways from the Conversation
- ESG is mentioned with greater frequency across board rooms. Corporations are thinking more about who they are, what they stand for, and what role they want to play in the world.
- Adopting standardized frameworks across sectors is key moving forward.
- Developing a strong ESG platform is helpful for attracting talent to your organization.
- Investors nowadays are looking at how boards are addressing issues like climate, and understanding what their efforts are when it comes to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
- It’s helpful to break down the acronym ESG in order to successfully define it and act on it.
Missed the Conversation? Watch the recording here
Be sure to sign up for the next session on August 19, where we’ll delve into insights from Investors and Scorers.
At ALLY, we strive to bring diverse and innovative people and companies together to enhance the energy transition. Join ALLY as a member today. We’d love to have you.Recommend0 recommendationsPublished in